Christian Formation provides an intentional way to deepen our understanding of our Christian identity. We cover topics that are salient in our engaging the world as followers of Christ. Formation hour includes discussion and presentations on scripture, church seasons, social justice issues, current events, popular culture, music, ethics, sin and redemption, stewardship, and more.
With this in mind, we have a clear and focused mission to make disciples who:
- Are committed to understanding who Jesus is, and how we can follow his example;
- Are increasing their understanding of scripture and how it applies to our daily lives and the choices we make;
- Are engaged in building relationships with people inside and outside of our doors;
- Respect the dignity of all people; and
- Are learning together how to share the Gospel message by preparing our minds through formation, our heart through worship, and then engaging the world through the mission of the Church.
Wednesday Morning Bible and Book Study
There is a regular Bible and Book Study meeting on Wednesday mornings beginning at 10:30. The first 45 minutes are devoted to the scripture appointed for the following Sunday. The second half of the meeting is focused on other literature chosen by the participants. New members are welcome any time. Please join us.
Wednesday Evening Adult Formation
Join us this fall for our new weekly Wednesday Evening Bible Study. Each week, our group will read and discuss one or more of the Christian Scriptures—but not in the order they appear in your Bible—in the order they were likely written. Following the sequence in Marcus Borg's Evolution of the Word (2013), we'll begin with several epistles, move on to gospels, and listen as the followers of Jesus become the Body of Christ. It's not (only) about getting the order right, but about hearing these inspired texts—and the voice of God—anew.
Read the assigned scripture for the week from your favorite Bible, and join us for lively facilitated conversation. No registration is required. If you have questions, please contact Megan Hoskins, Director of Formation.
Philemon, Philippians, and 2 Corinthians
James and Colossians