Christian Formation provides an intentional way to deepen our understanding of our Christian identity. We cover topics that are salient in our engaging the world as followers of Christ. Formation hour includes discussion and presentations on scripture, church seasons, social justice issues, current events, popular culture, music, ethics, sin and redemption, stewardship, and more.
With this in mind, we have a clear and focused mission to make disciples who:
- Are committed to understanding who Jesus is, and how we can follow his example;
- Are increasing their understanding of scripture and how it applies to our daily lives and the choices we make;
- Are engaged in building relationships with people inside and outside of our doors;
- Respect the dignity of all people; and
- Are learning together how to share the Gospel message by preparing our minds through formation, our heart through worship, and then engaging the world through the mission of the Church.
Wednesday Morning Bible and Book Study
There is a regular Bible and Book Study meeting on Wednesday mornings beginning at 10:30. The first 45 minutes are devoted to the scripture appointed for the following Sunday. The second half of the meeting is focused on other literature chosen by the participants. New members are welcome any time. Please join us.
2020 Sunday Morning Adult Formation
Join us at 10:15 a.m. via Zoom for any of the upcoming sessions. Contact Megan Hoskins, Director of Formation, for login information.
Summer Story Series
Boils: The Sacrificial Egg by Chinua Achebe
Thunder and Hail and Fire: Leiningen Versus the Ants by Carl Stephenson
Locusts: A Mild Attack of Locusts by Doris Lessing
Darkness: The Country of the Blind by H. G. Wells
The link above is for the 1904 publication. Click here for the 1939 edition with a different ending.
Death of the Firstborn: Plague of the First Born by Etgar Keret