Christian Formation provides an intentional way to deepen our understanding of our Christian identity. We cover topics that are salient in our engaging the world as followers of Christ. Formation hour includes discussion and presentations on scripture, church seasons, social justice issues, current events, popular culture, music, ethics, sin and redemption, stewardship, and more.
With this in mind, we have a clear and focused mission to make disciples who:
- Are committed to understanding who Jesus is, and how we can follow his example;
- Are increasing their understanding of scripture and how it applies to our daily lives and the choices we make;
- Are engaged in building relationships with people inside and outside of our doors;
- Respect the dignity of all people; and
- Are learning together how to share the Gospel message by preparing our minds through formation, our heart through worship, and then engaging the world through the mission of the Church.
Sunday Morning Adult Forum
Wednesday Morning Bible and Book Study
There is a regular Bible and Book Study meeting on Wednesday mornings beginning at 10:30. The first 45 minutes are devoted to the scripture appointed for the following Sunday. The second half of the meeting is focused on other literature chosen by the participants. New members are welcome any time. Please join us.
Wednesday Evening Adult Formation
Reading the Bible Through the Lens of Conflict
Wednesday night formation returns with a short course on conflict and spirituality! Is conflict a gift? Sure, it sounds counter-intuitive, but theologian and poet Padraig O'Tuama says conflict is the inevitable outcome of the gift of individuality. What's more, he's convinced that reading the Bible through the lens of conflict can bring us to deeper places of peace, not because we agree, but because we can learn to live in the tension. In this class from ChurchNext, O'Tuama unpacks the topic, revealing how peace can come not through agreement, but through a shared regard for scripture and its teaching. Join us for prayer, videos, and Bible study over Zoom Wednesdays from 7-8:30 PM on May 5, 12, and 26 and June 2.