Holy Cross is partnering with Second Story to provide spa/bath baskets to pamper 10 young mothers and their children this holiday season to bring a little joy and relaxation to their lives.
These moms are part of Second Story’s homeless young mothers program where homeless moms receive housing, counseling, and parenting classes to break the cycle of abuse so many of them have endured. And it works! Second Story has a 100% success rate for moms transitioning out of this program into self-sufficiency.
What can you do?
- Sponsor a whole family!
- Gather a few people (friends, family, neighbors, schoolmates, etc.) and sponsor one of our families to provide all the items for spa relaxation and bath fun. Anyone near and far can help!
- Purchase items for spa/bath relaxation for the mom and fun/relaxing bath items for her child(ren) and bring your items to church by December 12. We have baskets—just bring the items.
- A-la-carte options—Give money or purchase some spa/bath items and bring them to church by Dec 12 to go into any basket.
- Bath lotions/salts/scrubs/etc. for mom
- Baby friendly bath toys, body wash, and lotions for the children.
- Donate—You can give money at church or through Realm to let others shop for needed items.
- Pray—Please pray for these struggling young families throughout Advent.
Look for the cards on the Christmas tree at church to choose a family to adopt or bring a-la-carte spa/bath items to church by December 12 to fill the baskets.